How to Program Ford Key Fob
Many Fayette drivers are wondering how to program Ford key fob? For easier access on your West Union commutes, many new Ford models come with a remote key fob. Programming a new key fob is easy if your vehicle is outfitted with keyless entry. Learn how to program a Ford key fob with Birdnow Dealerships, and be sure to check out our service tips and tricks for more information on keeping yourself safe on Fayette roads!
How to Program Ford Key Fob: Instructions
To program your Ford key fob, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Close the car doors, then open the driver-side door. Press the UNLOCK button on the driver-side door.
- Next, turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times. Do this within 10 seconds, making sure the 8th time ends on RUN. When you’ve entered programming mode, the door locks will lock and unlock. (Note: If the doors don’t cycle, turn the key faster. Your car may not have keyless entry if you still can’t get the doors locks to cycle.)
- Press any button on the Ford remote to be programmed. Do this within 8 seconds. The door locks will cycle again to confirm the keyless entry remote is programmed and ready to use.
- Have a second remote key fob? Again, press any button on the remote within 8 seconds to cycle the door locks. Repeat this step for any additional key fobs.
- Finally, turn the ignition to OFF. The locks will again cycle to confirm programming is complete.
How to Turn Off Ford MyKey
If you need to disable your Ford MyKey in Postville, start the car with your admin key or key fob. Then, follow these instructions:
- Access the main menu after your onboard computer is booted up
- Select “Settings,” then scroll to the option that says “MyKey.”
- Under “MyKey,” select the “Clear MyKey” option.
- Press and hold “OK” until the following message appears on the screen: “All MyKeys Cleared.”
Schedule an Appointment with Our Service Center at Birdnow
If you’re still unsure how to program your Ford key fob, contact our service department at Birdnow Dealerships! Our expert service technicians can walk you through the process. Need an oil change or tire rotation? Schedule a service appointment. Are you looking to customize your Ford or Chevrolet vehicle? Our parts department has you covered!