Ford F150 Lift Kits
Ford F-150 lift kits raise your truck’s ride height for bigger wheels and better off-road performance. Even better, everyone in Prairie du Chien will see you coming their way! Whether you’ve got your eye on OEM accessories, performance upgrades, or other modifications, we stock the upgrades you’re looking for at one of our Prairie du Chien-area parts centers. Join the Birdnow Dealerships team for an overview of Ford F-150 lift kits and leveling kits.
Ford F-150 Leveling Kits vs. Lift Kits
To create space for bigger tires and gain higher ground clearance, you need to raise the truck body above the axles further. Both Ford F-150 lift kits and F-150 leveling kits will achieve this but to different degrees. Here’s what to keep in mind as you decide which is for you:
Ford F-150 Leveling Kits
Most trucks roll out of the factory with the front end sitting slightly lower than the rear. Referred to as “factory rake,” this nose-down stance accommodates the added weight when towing or hauling. Less dramatic than a full lift, an F-150 leveling kit:
- Brings the front of the truck level with the rear.
- Raise the front end of your truck by 1.5 to 2.5 inches
- Can accommodate tires up to 33 inches in diameter.
- Is best used in daily driving in Decorah and for towing tasks.
Ford F-150 Lift Kits
If you want to tower over any other vehicle on the road, you’ll want clearance front and back. An F-150 lift kit will:
- Raise both the front and rear of the vehicle.
- Let you adjust the amount of lift front-back.
- Increase ground clearance at both ends by 3 to 12 inches.
- Accommodate tires with a diameter of 35 inches or more.
- Are best used for challenging off-road surfaces like sand, mud, and snow.
Ford F-150 Lift Kit Pricing and Installation
- Ford F-150 Leveling Kit Price — $100 to $250
- Ford F-150 Lift Kit Price — $1,000 to $4,000
Leveling kits may not create the dramatic effect of lift kits, but they’re far more affordable. Plus, installing a leveling kit at home in West Union is simple and requires only a few hand tools. On the other hand, you’ll want to schedule professional service to install your F-150 lift kit unless you have extensive auto maintenance experience.
Customize With Ford F-150 Lift Kits and Leveling Kits at Birdnow Dealerships
Ready to make your Ford F-150 the center of attention in Oelwein? Turn to Birdnow Dealerships for expert recommendations and tips for checking the tire tread depth and programming your Ford key fob. Contact us today to get started!