How to Buy a New Car
How do you know when to buy a new car? We know a thing or two about buying new cars at Birdnow Dealerships. We’ve helped thousands of Prairie du Chien customers just like you to understand the ins and outs of car shopping. So, we’ve put together this handy guide on how to buy a new car.
How to Buy a New Car the Right Way
We want you to leave our dealership feeling you’ve made a great deal on that car you’ve bought for your Decorah commute. That starts with being informed. So here are our tips on how to buy a new car:
- What are your needs? Figure out your needs. Do you need a commuter to get back and forth to work? Do you have a large family? Will you be working out of your car? Will you need to haul or tow anything?
- How much can you spend? Figure out how much you can spend both on a down payment and a monthly payment. The larger the down payment, the lower the monthly payments and length of the loan. Our payment calculator can help you with this.
- Do your research. Check out the dealership’s inventory online and pick out at least a few vehicles that fit your needs. Find out what the MSRP is for each of those vehicles.
- Time to get a loan. Check your credit report beforehand, and fix anything that is negatively impacting your credit score. Then apply for financing online.
- Take a test drive and sign the paperwork. We make the whole process pretty simple at Oelwein of Birdnow Dealerships.
When to Buy a New Car
Should you get a new car or hang on to the one you have a little longer? Here’s how to know when to buy a new car:
- The cost of repairs means it’s no longer worth it to hang on to the car.
- Your car is no longer safe to drive.
- Your family has outgrown the size of your current vehicle.
- Your needs have changed.