What is the 2020 Ford Edge Towing Capacity?
Are you curious about the new Ford Edge towing capabilities? The 2020 Ford Edge offers a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds to help you with family vacations and light towing jobs. Thanks to its impressive cargo features, you can take your camper or outdoor gear along for your Prairie du Chien adventures without sacrificing convenience or comfort. Learn more about the Ford Edge engine and towing capacity in this handy guide from the Buick, Chevrolet, Ford, Lincoln experts at Birdnow Dealerships.
Ford Edge Towing Features
While the Ford Edge towing capacity is certainly impressive, it’s only one aspect of how it makes towing so easy in West Union. Take a look at the performance features that will keep you in control while towing on Decorah roads.
Ford Edge towing features include:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package is required if you want to tow 3,500 pounds (when equipped with all-wheel drive).
- Hill Start Assist automatically holds the brake when the vehicle is on an incline to prevent backward roll as you’re switching your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive uses sensors to monitor traction and balance torque between the front and rear wheels to maximize traction and enhance handling.
- Traction Control limits wheelspin by reducing throttle output.
- Trailer Sway Control allows you to tow more confidently by applying brakes or reducing engine torque when necessary to maintain control.
2020 Ford Edge Engine Options
How does the Ford Edge towing capacity reach such impressive figures? There’s no doubt that Ford Edge engine options are sure to help you handle your towing needs. Learn more about the Ford Edge best-in-class V6 engine and more below:
- 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 with twin-scroll turbocharger and direct-injection producing 245 hp, 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine can tow up to 1,500 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6, Twin-turbocharged, Direct-injection engine cranks out 335 hp, 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine achieves the maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity.
The Ford Edge ST comes equipped with cluster/paddle shifters, enhanced active noise control, revised electronic throttle programming, sharp engine braking, and much more.
Ford Edge Towing Package
When you take home a Ford Edge with maximum towing power, you can enhance your towing capabilities even further with the Class II Trailer Tow Package. This package comes standard on ST, and is available on SEL, and Titanium AWD models. Just what can you expect from it? It’s designed so you can tow confidently on the Decorah streets, including features like trailer sway control. This feature helps you navigate safely by detecting the amount of sway of the trailer and adjusting the brake pressure or reducing engine torque to ensure supreme control.
Explore the Ford Edge Towing Capacity in Oelwein!
From Ford Edge engines to impressive towing package features, you’re sure to find the capability you need in our new model inventory. And if you have any questions about the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity, including the towing capabilities of the 2021 model, don’t hesitate to contact us online when you want to learn more.